Tuesday 5 December 2006

Jack and his first walk.. well push


Another day and another sleepless night for the first-time dad .. Jack is defintely getting a bit better at sleeping, but we are still getting up every two to three hours a night. It's hard work and sometimes I wonder how many first-time parents have been driven to absolute despair trying to get their little one to settle. I'm about to go back to work after two weeks paterniity leave, which I think is probably about long enough. My wife probably doesn't agree, but she seems to be much more ready to cope all day without me being here now and I think I'll go stir crazy if I don't get back to work and activate my brain again. However, I'll probably miss Jack like crazy, in fact I know I will, but I don't think I could do the house huisband bit, in fact I wouldn't be very good at it either.


Before I go back to work we have been trying to get out and about with Jack as much as possible, so Charlie feels ready to go out by herself when I'm not around. This is a great idea, because it gives her confidence to do this alone and is great to get some fresh air, plus when you time it right, he seems to sleep like the proverbial baby. It's also worth it to discover the little hiccups you might face - for instance, we couldn't unfold our Quinnie pram and had to go online and download the instructions before we could figure it out. It couldn't have been simpler either - so sleep deprivation must fuddle the brain, although most would say I'm not the most practical in any case.


Here is the link to some responses to a question we posed on Yahoo answers - great responses to this little problem, which again was pretty obvious if only we had thought about it. Beware though if you have a little boy, not only do you have point the little winkle down, but watch out for him spraying you when you take off his nappy and a bit of cold air hits his little fella.

No comments: